What Pandemic? Toronto Area’s Housing Market Just Broke A Sales Record

TORONTO — July was a record-breaking month for Toronto real estate sales, as 11,081 homes changed hands.

The Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB) says existing home sales in the Greater Toronto Area jumped 29.5 per cent compared with July 2019, hitting a new high for the month.

Average home prices are also up 16.9 per cent from a year ago, at $943,710.

RELATED

  • Condos May Be On The Way Out, Statistics Canada Predicts

  • Mortgage Deferrals ‘Buying Time’ For Canadians, BoC Says

  • Home Sales Returned To Their Booming Ways In June Amid Pandemic

  • Toronto House Prices Are Way Up Compared To Last Year

TRREB says low-rise homes, especially outside the downtown core, led the upward trend, with overall prices jumping most in Durham, Orangeville and south Simcoe County.

The board’s president, Lisa Patel, said there is evidence the home market is tightening — with buyers competing as homes are being sold faster than new listings are added to the market.

Patel suggested in the report that home buyers and sellers have put off summer travel and are playing catch-up on their housing plans, after the City of Toronto entered Stage 3 of reopening from COVID-19 restrictions.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Aug. 6, 2020.

Click Here: cheap all stars rugby jersey

China Accuses U.S. Of ‘Smash And Grab’ Attempt To Buy TikTok

SHANGHAI — China will not accept the “theft” of a Chinese technology company and is able to respond to Washington’s move to push ByteDance to sell short-video app TikTok’s U.S. operations to Microsoft, the China Daily newspaper said on Tuesday.

The United States’ “bullying” of Chinese tech companies was a consequence of Washington’s zero-sum vision of “American first” and left China no choice but “submission or mortal combat in the tech realm,” the state-backed paper said in an editorial.

China had “plenty of ways to respond if the administration carries out its planned smash and grab,” it added.

Microsoft said on Monday it was in talks with ByteDance to buy parts of TikTok after U.S. President Donald Trump reversed course on a plan to ban the app on national security grounds and gave the firms 45 days to strike a deal.

READ MORE

  • TikTok Shows Kids Have New Gesture For Talking On The Phone

  • Canada Not Joining U.S. In Warning Against TikTok: Minister’s Office

  • Kellyanne Conway’s Teen Daughter Is A Pro-BLM, Anti-Trump TikToker

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said over the weekend that Trump would take action shortly against Chinese software companies that shared user data with the Chinese government.

The Global Times newspaper, which is also government-backed, said U.S. treatment of ByteDance and Huawei Technologies, now on a U.S. trade blacklist, was indicative of U.S. efforts to separate its economy from China’s.

China had “limited ability” to provide protection to these Chinese companies by retaliating against U.S. companies because the U.S. had technological superiority and influence with its allies, it added.

“China’s opening-up to the outside world and disintegrating the U.S. decoupling strategy should be priorities,” it said in an editorial.

The Global Times is published by the People’s Daily, the official newspaper of China’s ruling Communist Party.

Click Here: Fjallraven Kanken Art Spring Landscape Backpacks

Rochester Community and Technical College 2013-2014 Recruits

Coming off a successful season the Rochester Community and Technical College Yellowjackets have been busy recruiting for next season. “At our level recruiting is constant. Guys usually only stay for two years and some might only stay for one depending on their program of study,” noted coach Randy Rager.

“One of our biggest successes this year was creating a team that was more like a family,” said coach Rager. “The atmosphere was awesome and fun to be around. We have several of those guys coming back next year and it will be interesting to see how the old and new become a family again. As a coaching staff we are excited to work with each of these guys and help them become a better person, better student, and better wrestler. We have a good list started, but I expect to pick up a few more guys as we get closer to school starting.”

2013-2014 Recruits

  • Dakota Trom – 125 – Apple Valley – 3x MN State Champ; 4x MN Place Winner; Fargo Nationals Runner-up
  • Ryan Erdmann – 125 – Kasson-Mantorville – MN State Qualifier
  • Brennen Russell -125/133 – Austin/Austin Paceli – MN State Qualifier
  • Devon Felten – 133/141 – Austin/Austin Paceli – MN State Qualifier
  • Label Lewis – 133 – Hilton Head, SC – 2x SC State Champ; 4x SC Place Winner; SC AAA Wrestler of the Year
  • Alberto Ramirez – 141 – Henry Sibley – MN State Placer (6th)
  • Lucas Roe – 157/165 – Grand Meadow/LeRoy-Ostrander/Kingsland – MN State Placer (6th, DNP)
  • Elijah Dennis – 174 – Lansing, MI – MI Placer (6th, DNP, DNP)
  • Jack Ihrke – 174/184 – Plainview-Elgin-Millville – 2x MN State Qualifier
  • Kelsey Bocek – 285 – Minneapolis Patrick Henry – MN State Placer (3rd)

You can follow the Yellowjackets on their facebook page: www.facebook.com/rctcwrestling


Where are they going in 2013-14? Minnesota Recruits 2013-14

Click Here: Cheap FIJI Rugby Jersey

WWE Making Budget Cuts, Jerry Lawler’s Post WWE Plans

WWE Making Budget Cuts
WWE’s recent spate of firings is said to be due to the company enforcing serious budget cuts. The most recent victim of the WWE’s new policy is WWE creative team member Tom Casiello, who was heavily involved in the recent push of the “divas revolution” on WWE programming.
Casiello is largely regarded as the reason as to why female talents within the company began to receive more air time, pushing for Sasha Banks v Charlotte to main event the Hell in a Cell PPV as well as working with them on Total Divas.

Casiello’s firing has worried several other members of staff, fearing that they may be in danger of losing their jobs. Casiello’s role in the company has been eliminated and no one is expected to take over his now defunct position. 
Jerry Lawler also revealed that budgetary cuts withing the WWE are the reason behind his departure from the company. Speaking on Cerrito Live – “Dunn said that due to WWE being a publicly traqded company, it comes down to dollars and cents […] That having his salary being absorbed on the pre-show after he was taken off of SmackDown! made it very expensive to produce, so they decided to get rid of the pre-game show. Vince called the next day and said I’m definitely not done with WWE and reiterated that the pre-show was dropped due to costs.” 
Don’t be surprised to see WWE make more cuts in the coming weeks. 
For more of The King’s interview, be sure to check out the link below.

Cerrito Live Podcast- Jerry Lawler & Jim Cornette


Jerry Lawler’s Post WWE Career
Sticking with Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler, he has since announced that he plans to go on the road with his new one-man comedy tour, which kicks off in the United Kingdom in March next year.

 
 

We’re thrilled to present https://twitter.com/WWE”>@WWE Hall Of Famer https://twitter.com/JerryLawler”>@JerryLawler’s first ever spoken word events! Tickets on sale Monday night. RT. Share. REJOICE! https://t.co/rWO5UMQC4D”>pic.twitter.com/rWO5UMQC4D
— Eros Comedy & Tours (@ErosComedy) https://twitter.com/ErosComedy/status/807260339003916288″>9 December 2016

Click Here: Cardiff Blues Store